Friday, July 31, 2009

May I Have Your Attention Please?


First, some dog-related fun. This card, created by Christine Throckmorton, made me smile. Do all Huskies get through life with that sly grin? This one certainly reminds me of our Roma, though, for her, the quip would have to read "The treats in Siberia are miles apart; that is why the dogs are so fast." (For more about these beautiful cards and more examples of the artist's terrific dog art, check out DogArtToday, the artist's Etsy store, or the artist's blog.) 

Now for my announcement: I don't want to jinx anything, but I believe that I am on deck to start a month-long, full-time gig as a consultant at the University of Texas. I'll be helping prepare teacher certification materials for the Vaughn Gross Center for Reading and Language Arts. As most of you know, I've been out of work for months, and so this is a great opportunity—even though it means getting up in the morning, putting on clean clothes, and driving to an office, like most working stiffs. The downside for you, dear readers, is that I won't be able to post regularly. I know that you've come to depend on NBUT for that daily jolt of snarky, dog-related humor and timely canine-centric information. I hope you all will understand. The girls and I will, of course, still see you in the evenings at the Park. Ta!
-z

2 comments:

  1. yaaaaaa!
    good job zia!
    "well done my dear"
    see you soon love
    -l

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! We will miss your posts terribly, but hopefully you'll still have time for a post every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Please write a comment here or e-mail me directly at busyzia@gmail.com. Thanks!