Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We Do Not Heart Central Standard Time

I'm not alone, right? I mean summer just ended. I only just turned off the A/C and used a screwdriver and WD-40 to squeak open a couple of windows, and now it's dark by 5:30? Oh, the humanity!

Maybe elsewhere in the country people are snuggling in their sweaters and settling down with hot mugs of tea at 7 pm to watch their favorite prime time TV under cover of darkness, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that we here in Texas would like to GO OUTSIDE WITH OUR DOGS. We'd like to savor the kind of  weather that some lucky people get in July and August. We'd also like to get some exercise  and marvel at how we are not sweating or succumbing to heat stroke. We do not want to go inside and watch TV, where, by the way, I have already seen Christmas commercials. I guess that is the gift of global warming—a two-season year, summer and Christmas. As a child, I would have been all over that one. Somehow it lacks appeal now, and the dogs agree. 

See you at the Dog Park. Don't forget your flashlights and the blinky collars. 
-z


2 comments:

  1. You're not alone. I HATE it when we fall back. Hate. It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is NOT FAIR. We *suffered* this summer and now the lights are getting turned off just when we can finally get outside and have a little fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please write a comment here or e-mail me directly at busyzia@gmail.com. Thanks!