Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Year of the Dog


One stop last week was Chicago's Chinatown for some delicious dim sum. Hmm, hmm. Yum. After stuffing ourselves, pals Maria and Alfonso and I took a stroll as a digestive aid. I saw the figure of the dog and started snapping photos even before I understood that all the animals of the Chinese horoscope were on display.


Just for the record, I was not lucky enough to have been born in the year of the dog. Neither were my own actual dogs. I do like this description of the "type," though. As you can see above, while loyal, dogs "have sharp tongues and do have the tendency to be fault finders." Also, I love the bit about Year of the Doggers being stubborn "when filled with righteous indignation." Perhaps my Roma was a YOD dog after all.


Just for the record, both Maria and I were born in the year of the Snake. Never mind what year, smarty pants. (We have already established that I am 6.3 years old in dog years. You do the math.) Snakes are smart and snarky and can be self-righteous pains. Also, we don't like criticism, so think twice before you send in that comment, 'k?
-z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write a comment here or e-mail me directly at busyzia@gmail.com. Thanks!