Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Waning Wildflowers

I took my camera to Dog Park last night. I wondered if I could find anything new to snap. We've had an amazing wildflower season, but it peaked long ago. The fields are in a sorry state--half mowed, half covered with shaggy, dried up stalks. To my surprise, though, amidst the spear grass and burrs, I discovered thistle and red poppies, flowers I have never seen at Dog Park before.



Can you see the ladybug in the bottom part of the cluster of blossoms?



Such a sky and not a drop of rain.
-z

1 comment:

  1. Rainier's mom said she thought that someone planted those poppy seeds since they were all in a clump together and appear nowhere else in the park. Hmmm. Guerilla gardening at the dogpark. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Please write a comment here or e-mail me directly at busyzia@gmail.com. Thanks!