Saturday, June 13, 2009

Max & Margo's Liver Treats

Okay everybody. Go wash your paws and put on your aprons. It's time to bake dog cookies! Here's a recipe that Max and Margo recommend, sent to me by Stacey. 








Ingredients:
  • 1 container chicken livers
  • 2.5-3 Cups of corn meal
  • 1 egg (including the shell, a good source of calcium)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions:
  1. Set oven at 325 degrees.
  2. Spray a baking sheet or cake pan with non-stick spray.
  3. Place liver, egg, and garlic powder in a food processor.
  4. Add corn meal 1 Cup at a time.
  5. Process into a smooth batter. (Watch your ears and whiskers!)
  6. Pour batter onto sheet or pan.
  7. Bake for 25 minutes.
  8. Cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.
  9. Chow down. Yum.
Stacey makes a triple batch and freezes the treats. Bon appetit, my canine friends. Have a good weekend. Don't chase any motorcycles during the ROT rally. 
--z

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I scored a big bag of cookie cutters for $1.99 at my favorite thrift store. I was going for the vintage biscuit cutter but there also happened to be 5 or 6 dog bone-shaped cutters in the bag.

    If anyone one wants one, just mention it at the park. You *do* know who I am, right?

    ReplyDelete

Please write a comment here or e-mail me directly at busyzia@gmail.com. Thanks!