Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Dog Tulip

Over the weekend, I saw an article in the New York Times about the upcoming movie My Dog Tulip. It's based on the book of the same name by English writer J.R. Ackerley. I've never read it. I will now, and I'll review it here. (Without fear of input from a disgruntled author, mind you. Ackerley's been dead since 1967.) Today the NYT gave the film a quietly rave review. It's a beautiful film, judging from the trailer (click below). The animation is all hand-drawn, and the voices are by top-rate actors.  The images are spot on, too.  Dog Parkers will appreciate the film's treatment of a familiar view--that of a romping dog butt. Enjoy. -z


1 comment:

  1. Awww, so sweet. Nearly brought tears to my eyes. Can't wait to see the movie. Jessie and Andy

    ReplyDelete

Please write a comment here or e-mail me directly at busyzia@gmail.com. Thanks!